GET STARTED WITH BLE HACKING
BLE Hacking is the new Web Hacking! BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) flaws are almost in any IoT device you encounter. Some will have sensitive data traveling over plain text, some will be vulnerable to insecure pairing and some will be having all possible security issues you can imagine!
But how do you identify these vulnerabilities? The answer is Ubertooth One!
Ubertooth One, as per the official description, is an open source 2.4 GHz wireless development platform suitable for Bluetooth experimentation.
The truth is, the official description is an understatement and does not do justice to the true power of this device. We have found exploited smart locks, smart home systems, smart light bulbs, beacons and pretty much everything using this device!
Setting up the tool is extremely straight-forward. In case you don’t want to set it up yourself, we also have a pre-made VM with the ubertooth tools installed. Download it for free here.
- 2.4 GHz transmit and receive
- Transmit power and receive sensitivity comparable to a Class 1 Bluetooth device
- Standard Cortex Debug Connector (10-pin 50-mil JTAG)
- In-System Programming (ISP) serial connector
- Expansion connector: intended for inter-Ubertooth communication or other future uses
- Six indicator LEDs
Want to see it in action?
Head over to our blog post here - http://blog.attify.com/2017/01/17/exploiting-iot-enabled-ble-smart-bulb-security/